Ravens Rook is adjacent to Shark Reef Sanctuary, which is well known for its beautiful views of the Straits of Juan De Fuca, rock islands where seals and sea lions haul out to sun themselves, and, in the distance, the lighthouse of San Juan Island and the snow-capped Olympic Mountains.
Popular Lopez Island activities include bicycling and kayaking (see below for info on rentals and guided tours). There are numerous public beaches for strolling and sunset-watching. Lopez Island is home to a diverse community of artists and craftspeople, as well as artisan food and beverage producers. The Farmer’s Market (in Lopez Village Saturdays from May to September) is a great place to buy local produce, crafts, art, and food.
The Lopez Community Center hosts a variety of entertainment open to the public including drama, music, or a writers read. The Lopez Library is a hub of the community, with one of the highest circulation rate per capita in the state of Washington. Public computers are available at the Library and Wi-fi is available in much of the village. Chimera is an artist cooperative featuring a wide selection of local art and crafts.
Kayaking and Bicycling
- Cascadia Kayaks: Guided kayak trips, kayak classes and lessons, and kayak rentals. 360.468.3008
- Village Cycles: Lopez Road, next to Paper, Scissors: Bicycle sales, repairs, rentals and tours. 360.468.4013
- Lopez Island Golf: Nine hole private course is open to the public when no member events are scheduled. 360.468.2679
- Lopez Island Sea Kayak: Fisherman Bay Road: Kayak rentals. 360.468.2847 Open May through September.
- Lopez Bicycle Works: Fisherman Bay Road: Bicycle rentals, sales, and repairs. 360.468.2847
- Bucky’s Lopez Island Grill, Lopez Village: Seafood, burgers. 360.468.2595. Seasonal.
- Lopez Coffee Shop,Lopez Village: Coffee and tea. 360.468.2294
- Haven, Lopez Village. Eclectic, vegetarian & vegan. 360.468.3272
- Holly B’s Bakery, Lopez Village: Baked goods, coffee. 360-468-2133. Seasonal.
- Isabel’s Espresso, Lopez Village: Coffee and tea; free wi-fi. 360.468.4114
- Islander Lopez, Fisherman Bay Road: American, lounge. 360.468.2315
- Southend Restaurant, 3024 Mud Bay Rd. American, beer & wine. 360-468-2315
- ,Ursa MInor REstaurant Lopez Village:International
- The Galley, Fisherman Bay Road: Seafood, international, American, lounge. 360.468.2315
- Vortex Juice Bar, Lopez Village: Vegetarian, salads, wraps, soups, tea. 360.468.2204
- Vita’s Wildly Delicious, Lopez Village: Gourmet food and wine to go. 360.468.4268. Seasonal.
Stores and Shopping
- Blossom Grocery, Lopez Village: Local and organic products, personal care, beer and wine, supplements. 360.468.2204
- Lopez Bookshop, 211 Lopez Road, Lopez Village: New & used books. 360.468.2132
- Lopez Village Market, Lopez Village: Grocery. 360.468.2445
- Paper Scissors On The Rock, Lopez Village: Cards, gifts, art & journal supplies, office supplies. UPS and FedEx shipping, copies, printing, and fax services. 360.468.2294
- Southend General Store, 3024 Mud Bay Rd. Groceries, beer & wine, movies, ice, and gas. 360-468-2315
Galleries and the Arts
- Chimera Gallery, Lopez Village: An island artists’ cooperative. 360.468.3265
- Christa Malay Garden Studios: Paintings in pastel, watercolor and oil, limited edition etchings and serigraphs. 360.468.2159
- Colin Goode Studio, Lopez Village: Lopez Island and regional artists. 360.468.4715
- Gallery 10, Lopez Village: Fine art, fanciful clothing, and unusual home decor. 360.468.4910
- Island Fibers: Fine textiles and hand-spun yarn.
- Lopez Center for Community and the Arts, Lopez Village: Theater, music, art, and film presentations. 360.468.2203
- Lydia Arts: Wheel thrown and handbuilt ceramics. 360.468.4998
- Ron Norman Sculpture: Metal art sculpture for the home, garden, and public settings. 360.468.3642
- Windswept Studios and Fine Art Gallery: Plein air landscape paintings by Steven R. Hill in pastels, oils, watercolors &limited edition giclee prints. 360.468.2557
- KLOI 102.9 Radio: Lopez Island’s Community Radio Station. Listen over the air or stream on the internet.
- Lopez Farmer’s Market, Lopez Village. May through September.
- Lopez Island Historical Society Museum, Lopez Village: Historical museum. 360.468.2049. Open April through September.
- Lopez Island Library, Lopez Village: Books, music, videos and DVDs, public computers and wi-fi access. Visitor cards available. 360.468.2265
- Lopez Island Vineyards, Lopez Village: Wine tasting and sales. 360.468.3644